Transition Application


The Transition Application is intended for Future Use recipients who are applying for the first time to use their scholarship funds toward post-secondary education.

  • Applicant must be accepted to an accredited, post-secondary education program: university, college, technical school or certification program
  • Scholarships are to be used to subsidize the costs of tuition, school books, fees, on-campus or off-campus housing, on-campus board, special tools and equipment required for coursework, school-approved tutoring, and any other required educational expenses that are unmet.
  • Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the school, and the standing policies and procedures of the school will guide the application of the funds to the student's educational expenses listed above. Funds will not be released directly to students.
  • Scholarship awards are up to $5,000 for the upcoming academic year based on your estimated financial needs provided in this application, not to exceed $2,500 per semester. 
  • Upon award, scholarships are dispersed directly to the educational institution in two increments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
  • Applicants will be notified via email regarding award decisions by the end of June each year. FHF will also contact recipients at various times during the year. Please email FHF at if any of your contact information changes. 
  • FHF Transition Application is administered by Tulsa Community Foundation.


Please Note : The online application process will take approximately 15 minutes and cannot be saved so please have your documents gathered and the appropriate time set aside to complete the process. The application will need to be printed at the end of the application process. If for some reason you do not complete the form in its entirety before submitting, you will be required to start a new application.

Therefore, we recommend that you pull together the required documents listed below to assist you in filling out the following online application form. 

Interested individuals should fully complete and submit the following application as appropriate, as well as provide satisfactory evidence that he/she qualifies according to the existing eligibility requirements and required documentation. Each person must have a separate application submitted on his/her behalf. 

All required documents must be sent to Folds of Honor Foundation to accompany your online application, using the ID Confirmation Number provided to you at the end of the application process.

The applicant assumes responsibility for ensuring that all requested information is compiled as a complete packet and sent to FHF postmarked no later than April 30th, 2014.

After applying-------------------------please add to your email  contacts to ensure you receive important information about your scholarship application. 

General Scholarship Requirements for spouse and dependents of any one of the following:

General scholarship requirements must be met (one or more of these):

  • Any service member who has been killed or disabled with a service-connected disability from the VA (the disability rating must be at least 10%);
  • A veteran who died from any cause while such service-connected disability was in existence;
  • A service member who is currently classified as a POW or MIA;
  • A service member missing in action or captured in line of duty by a hostile force;
  • A service member forcibly detained or interned in line of duty by a foreign government or power;
  • A service member who has received a Purple Heart Medal (may be active duty).
  • Required Documents
    • Verification of school enrollment:
      • letter of acceptance or class schedule
    • Updated contact information
    • Digital photo of applicant - updated (optional)
    • Digital photo of applicant with family - updated (optional)


    NOTE: Please print and attach the signed Confirmation Page with the required documents.

  • FAQ'S
    I’m an active duty service member (National Guard/Reserves).  Do my children and/or spouse qualify for a FHF scholarship?

    No, unless you have received any one of the following and can submit it as supporting documentation:

    1.       An official, completed MEB report showing a service-connected disability;

    2.       An official, completed PEB report showing a service-connected disability;

    3.       A Purple Heart Medal (Copy of Certificate required)

    I’m a disabled veteran with grandchildren.  Are my grandchildren eligible for a Folds of Honor scholarship?

    No.  Folds of Honor scholarships are awarded only to spouses and children of disabled veterans.

    My spouse is a disabled veteran, but he/she served prior to September 11, 2001.  Do my children or I qualify for any Folds of Honor Scholarships?

    Yes.  Folds of Honor Scholarships are awarded to all spouses of killed or disabled veterans and/or dependent children who are 24 years and under and are not married, regardless of what era of service.  There is no age limitation on a spouse.  To qualify for a scholarship, however, the spouse must not have remarried.

    My step-father/step-mother is a disabled veteran.  Do I qualify for a Folds of Honor scholarship?

    Yes, if you can prove you are your step-father/step-mother’s dependent.  If you are not listed on the DEERS Report or if you do not have a current military ID with your step-father/step-mother as “Sponsor,” you can include a copy of your birth certificate that links you to one parent and also include a copy of the marriage license between the two.

    I am a disabled veteran, but I don’t have a 100% disability.  Is there a Folds of Honor scholarship that my spouse or children qualify for?

    Our scholarships depend on a veteran’s service-connected, VA-rated disability.  However, the percentage of disability is not a key factor.  A veteran can have as little as a 0% VA-rated disability, and his spouse and/or children still qualify for our scholarships.

    My child received a Future Use Scholarship several years ago and has now been accepted to a university.  How do I proceed to get the funds from the Future Use Scholarship account?

    If your child was awarded a Future Use Scholarship in the past and is now ready to use the funds, he/she is considered to be a “Transition.”  You will need to call the Folds of Honor main number (918.272.5307) and connect with the Director of Scholarships to receive detailed information on how to proceed.

    I received a Folds of Honor scholarship last year.  Do I need to re-apply for the scholarship this year?

    Yes.  The Immediate Use Scholarship and the Children’s Scholarship Fund must be applied for every year.  The Future Use Scholarship, however, is awarded only once to each child who qualifies.  When the child is ready to use the Future Use funds, call the Director of Scholarships at Folds of Honor, (918.272.5307).

    When and how will I find out if I will receive a scholarship?

    You will receive an email from ………………………………..At this point you will be required to respond to accept the scholarship award. 

    What is the typical amount of a scholarship?

    Scholarship amounts range from $500 - $5,000 for an academic year and are based on your reporting of your unmet need for educational expenses for the academic year. 

    When will my scholarship be paid?

    Scholarship payments are mailed directly to your educational institution in two equal payments at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. 

    What can my scholarship be used for?

    This scholarship can be used to subsidize the costs of tuition, school books, fees, room and board*, special tools and equipment necessary for coursework, school-approved tutoring, and any other educational expense your educational institution may deem appropriate and unmet. This scholarship cannot be used to subsidize the costs of computers/e-readers. past student debt, daycare, or transportation.


    *Room does not include mortgage payments, nor rent paid to a parent or legal guardian of the scholarship recipient. The scholarship committee reserves the right to approve or deny qualified off-campus housing.


    Will scholarship funds be sent directly to me?

    No, Funds will not be released directly to students. Funds will be sent directly to educational institutions.

    Are there minimum GPA requirements associated with this scholarship?

    Yes, you must maintain minimum 2.0 semester GPA. If you achieve less than a 2.0 semester GPA for two (2) consecutive semesters, at any time while receiving the Folds of Honor Foundation Scholarship, your scholarship may be revoked and you may not be eligible to reapply. Eligibility would only be returned after raising semester grades to at least a 2.0 GPA for two (2) consecutive semesters. Returning recipients should be aware this is inclusive of the past years' grades while receiving the Folds of Honor Foundation Scholarship (i.e. Fall 2014 and Spring 2015).

    Can I apply again next year for this scholarship?

    Yes, you may apply again next year as long as you continue to meet the eligibility requirements of this program.

    Is there a minimum number of hours I must be enrolled in to be eligible to receive this scholarship?

    You must be enrolled in at least one course at your educational institution to qualify to receive this scholarship. You do NOT need to be enrolled full-time to qualify.

    Does this scholarship have to be repaid?

    The scholarship is a grant, and as such does not have to be repaid.

  • Contact Us

    Folds of Honor Foundation
    5800 N Patriot Drive
    Owasso, OK 74055

    Phone: (918) 272-5307